Coldfusion 5 0 Released
Posted on 29 May 2001
by Raymond Camden (jedimaster)
Rated 3.62 (Ratings: 7)
- More articles in Software
- User defined functions
- Charting (simple, but nice)
- CFDUMP, the coder's best friend. This used to be in Spectra only, but now it's in the server proper. Not one day goes by where I don't use this tag.
- Query of Queries
- Flushed output
- Server reporting enhancements
- Server archiving. This is a really cool feature where you can backup both code and server settings into a simple file that can be deployed to new machines. This makes working in a cluster much easier.
- Server probes. A cool way to check the health of your system and perform actions when things go to heck.
There is a lot more, so I suggest you check Allaire.com for more information.
In general, this is a cool release both on the code side, as well as the management side. In fact, I think it's a much bigger release for how it aids and supports the management of web apps.