Internet Spring Cleaning
Posted on 30 Mar 2000
by Jeff Howden (Jeff Howden)
Rated 4.22 (Ratings: 6)
- More articles in Commentary & Society
- Disconnect all terminals and local area networks from their Internet connections.
- Shut down all Internet servers, or disconnect them from the Internet.
- Disconnect all disks and hardrives from any connections to the Internet.
- Refrain from connecting any computer to the Internet in any way.
We understand the inconvenience that this may cause some Internet users, and we apologize. However, we are certain that any inconveniences will be more than made up for by the increased speed and efficiency of the Internet, once it has been cleared of electronic flotsam and jetsam. We thank you for your cooperation.Fu Ling Yu
Interconnected Network Maintenance Staff Main Branch,
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologySysops and others: Since the last Internet cleaning, the number of Internet users has grown dramatically. Please assist us in alerting the public of the upcoming Internet cleaning by posting this message where your users will be able to read it. Please pass this message on to other sysops and Internet users as well. Thank you.