New Uk Data Protection Online 1st March 2000
Posted on 22 Jul 1999
by Martin Burns (MartinB)
Rated 3.89 (Ratings: 0)
- More articles in News
- Simplified registration for data users
- Enforcement against unregistered bodies
- A requirement to disclose what processing is undertaken
- Detailed requirements for security measures needed for data
- Enhanced rights for subject access
- Restrictions on movement of data outwith the European Union - it can only go to countries with an 'adequate' level of protection
The Registrar has not extended the date for compliance for pre-existing databases - databases established before 24th October 1998 must comply by 24 October 2001.
More info from The Data Protection Registrar.