Tech Lead Middle Tier Nyc Permanent
Posted on 24 Feb 2006
by Arthur Kaye (jommelli)
Rated 3.89 (Ratings: 0)
- More articles in Jobs
Client is a leading asset management/institutional investment group. They leverage technology to develop an edge in their highly competitive industry.
Salary to $130K, plus bonus
POSITION OVERVIEW/MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
Position will be responsible for technical leadership for re-engineering/developing the middle-tier/backend of an enterprise application and various integration processes. The successful candidate will work independently, be a problem solver and take primary responsibility for the technical architecture and development efforts.
The candidate will be comfortable leveraging existing code and frameworks. Working closely with a senior technical manager, backend development lead and business analyst, this person will help rationalize and enhance the cash flow management and application within the organization.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS & WORK EXPERIENCE
• Four or more years’ experience designing and constructing middle-tier applications. Experience in coding middle tier application services, application programming interfaces, and processes that utilize XML messages and messaging services – produce/transform XML, manage/consume XML-transactional data in near real-time.
• Expert experience coding on Java within an enterprise server platform (WebLogic/WebSphere)
• Strong understanding of J2EE concepts – including servlets, JDBC and enterprise beans
• Strong knowledge of XML parsers, SAX, StAX, XSLT, XQuery, xml serialization
• Modeling and documenting data structures and processing algorithms for complex application integration problems
• Strong understanding of data modeling, SQL tuning, concurrency control, stored procedures, data replication/integration etc.
• Experience with Sybase a must.
Candidates local to the Metro NYC area strongly preferred.
Must be eligible to work for any employer in the US without visa transfer