Web Developer Ucsf School Of Pharmacy San Francisco Full Time
Posted on 04 May 2007
by Frank Farm (frankfarm)
Rated 3.89 (Ratings: 0)
- More articles in Jobs
Job SummaryThis position reports to two supervisors in two units within the University of California, San Francisco School of Pharmacy: the office of the dean and the department of clinical pharmacy. Both halves of the position are distinct but require similar skills. 50% of the position works under the supervision of the dean's office web and data services manager to meet the dean's priority communications and marketing goals via the School's main web site. 50% of the position reports to the program manager in the department of clinical pharmacy who administers a $3.7 million faculty-driven statewide project to help seniors choose the best federal Medicare Part D prescription drug plan. Communications and marketing of this statewide project is via a high-profile public web site, and internal program administration is handled via a dynamic intranet site. The position is responsible for overall web production including the creation and maintenance of web pages and backend database integration, database programming and reporting, and other duties as assigned. For the dean's office, the position also involves multimedia production and web delivery, and technical training. For the research project, the position also involves computer support and systems administration and the maintenance of a content management system; and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- high tolerance for: ambiguity, changing requirements, and requests which might require immediate action, and assisting, instructing, and informing people who are not comfortable using computers and technology
- strong oral and written communication skills
- ability to work well under many different conditions: alone or with a team, inside and outside customers
- ability to provide accurate time estimates for work to be done and meet deadlines
- strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- thorough knowledge of creating and maintaining mySQL and Microsoft Access databases
- moderate knowledge of: writing and maintaining CSS, DOM, and AJAX code
- moderate knowledge of using and administering content management systems
- physical ability to use, handle, and lift light- to medium-weight computer equipment.
- Experience in training people to use software
- entry-level knowledge of web accessibility, XML, and XSL
- moderate knowledge of working with web multimedia formats including QuickTime, RSTP, Windows Media
- experience working with tools developed by open source communities.
How to ApplyIn order to be considered for open positions at UCSF, you will need to submit your resume through our online application process. Once you complete the online application process, you will receive an email confirming that your submission has been received. Submitting your resume to UCSF opens the door to many immediate and ongoing job opportunities. Your resume will remain active in our applicant database and you will be able to update it as needed.To submit your resume online visit:http://ucsfhr.ucsf.edu/careersApply specifically to requisition 22662BR. Please note ad code EVLT/22662BR in the ad code field in your applicant profile.An email address is required for you to submit your resume.Visit Human Resources for information about other job opportunities. UCSF is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to a diverse workforce.
- Location: San Francisco
- Position Title: Web Developer
- Position Type: Full Time
- Percentage: 100%
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.