Opportunity For A Sr Php Web Developer
Posted on 08 May 2007
by Dan Counts (sailmtry)
Rated 3.89 (Ratings: 0)
- More articles in Jobs
- Participate in architecting and implementing a modern PHP-based Web application framework.
- Work with a distributed team of highly qualified software engineers.
- Develop reusable PHP 5 classes using best practices of software engineering, including writing design specifications, unit tests and user documentation, in addition to implementing software technology.
- Collaborate with external software developers, who volunteer their time to contribute to this open-source project.
- Interact with software developers who use the software you produce, answering questions, and accepting problem reports and feature requests.
- Assist the team fixing bugs and enhancing code you develop, and other code, as needed.
- Participate with the team activities, such as peer review of design documents, code and end-user documentation, and team meetings.
- Minimum 7 years of professional development experience with at least 3 years experience in developing business-critical Web applications with Java, ASP.NET or PHP.
- Good object-oriented background, including a solid understanding of design patterns. Experience with or ability to learn object-oriented features of PHP 5.
- Experienced with MVC frameworks for web applications.
- Skilled at analyzing complex patterns to create solutions that are simple and easy to use.
- Experience in creating SDKs or reusable components.
- Experience with Web Services and SOA, XML, DOM, and other W3C standards.
- Experience with Ajax & CSS for building rich internet applications.
- Team player, positive and professional, goal-oriented, able to work independently.
- Experienced at estimating software engineering tasks, prioritizing one’s work, and managing one’s time to meet commitments and deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, professional environment.
- Experience developing effective unit and functional testing with test-driven development practices.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Experienced at writing technical documentation for software developers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years experience in relevant areas.