A high-growth direct merchant selling their own brands through all mass media, but primarily through their web site, is growing their application development team in Hoboken, New Jersey.
They have been profitable every year since their founding more than 7 years ago. Their business has doubled in volume each of the past two years.
They are seeking a strong PHP Programmer with excellent programming, and strong organizational, and communication skills. Candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.Responsibilities include:
* Application development of a new direct marketing system and support of a robust, top-to- bottom, proprietary e-commerce platform and other company systems.
* Participate in data modeling and database design
* Perform database administration duties including system performance monitoring, database optimization, backup and recovery with the DBA.
* Design and generate customized reports
* Various projects as assigned.Experience, Skills and Qualifications:Language Requirements:
* 3+ years PHP - v.5 programming skills must be very strong - they will be tested
* OO design and development
* Experience working in a Linux environmentIdeal candidate would have: * 3 years+ experience developing in PHP/MySQL
* E-commerce experience
* Knowledge of Apache, TCP/IP
* Ability to take the requirement from spec to business logic to application development
* Strong detail orientation
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under deadlines.
* Able to work independently.
Salary to $90,000 +, depending on experience
Candidates local to the NY/NJ area strongly preferred.
contact Arthur Kaye - email@example.com