Freelancer Web 2 0 Programmer For Earth Org Lamp For Earth Org
Posted on 26 Jun 2008
by Anne Chabot (earthdotorg)
Rated 3.89 (Ratings: 0)
- More articles in Jobs
At Earth.org we are building a Web2.0 travel guide with a responsible mindset, collaboratively sourced from users and travellers around the world. And we're not just talk about being responsible: At least 50% of our profits will go into environmental, social and cultural projects.
We are a 100% remote team around the world working on the initial beta which has been silently launched and needs your support to get off the ground. We are a small, open-minded and dedicated team and are looking for people who can work independently at the workplace of their choice - be it a beach in Goa, a cafe in Paris or your bedroom in San Francisco.
Earth.org is looking for a passionate Web 2.0 programmer (20 to 40 hours/week), who will play a central role in the technical development of Earth.org.
- Separation of business logic and presentation through the use of an MVC framework (specifically cakePHP)
- Interaction with remote APIs through several means, including AJAX and possibly sockets
- Reuse and integration of publicly available components like Zend framework
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the LAMP environment.
- Ideally CakePHP and server administration experience.
- Ideally you have a degree in computer science.
- You know and use Web 2.0 applications (e.g. APIs, mashups), ideally you programmed in the field of web 2.0.
- Strong grasp of the English language.
- Ideally remote work experience, at least you have the ability to work with people from other countries, cultures, languages and belief structures.
- You share our environmental, social and cultural friendly mindset.
We can only take replies that contain:
- A detailed description of your experience regarding our requirements
- Your hourly fee
Location: remote work at your preferred location
Interested? Contact us at: