Why Developers Don T Want Html Email
Posted on 21 Feb 2000
by Daniel Cody (djc)
Rated 4.03 (Ratings: 10)
- More articles in Commentary & Society
Dave goes on to give a brief explanation of how this all happened, drops the expected Linux references, and summarizes with thanks to Microsoft for providing the software that is "enabling the revolution."
- Attaching local files to a mailto: link
- Active Scripting may read email messages
- Running an executable attachment through what appears to be a valid HTML link
- Forms ActiveX control advisory
In summary, I think Dave (as well as companies like Microsoft) should think more about the security and privacy issues that surround a topic like this, and protect us as users first before developing functionality that might put our sensitive information at risk trough the use of an insecure technology such as scriptable email.