Trying to convince clients and PHBs that spamming, selling user data and removing optout email addresses can be tough.Help is at hand. The team in PwC Consulting responsible for advising clients on regulatory best practise have put together a generic guide on ePrivacy best practise, and have made it available as a downloadable pdf.
- Stay abreast of emerging standards
- Have good [privacy] training programmes
- Know what your site's practises are and how they interact with your off-line business model
- Consider [privacy] seal programmes
- Utilise privacy sensitive technology solutions
- Constantly control and monitor for privacy compliance
- Utilise third party verification solutions
It's in PDF format, so you'll need Acrobat.Disclosure: I'm a PwC Consulting eBusiness consultant. The print version of this guide arrived on my desk today - it's obviously intended to sell specific Risk Management consultancy, but the info is of value in itself.