Description:The web application developer will be responsible for integrating database and component tools into Windows and web-based interfaces while providing feedback to the team and creating testing plans.In this position, the candidate should expect to:
- Integrate database and component tools into Windows and Web based interfaces.
- Provide feedback to application design team to improve software quality.
- Develop detailed testing plans for created software and test the software of other developers.
- Participate in a software development process based on the Rational Unified Process.
- Work as an on-going development resource on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Conduct work at local client sites when necessary.
Requirements:All candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 4+ years experience in developing database-driven web sites on Microsoft Windows platform.
- In-depth knowledge of Visual Basic 6.0, Active Server Pages 3.0+, Visual Basic Script, ActiveX Data Objects, Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 and 2000, Microsoft COM/DCOM architectures, and general software design practices.
- A working knowledge of ASP.NET and Perl are also preferred. Basic knowledge of HTML, Object-Oriented design, Web Services design.
- Ability to structure time flexibly across many projects.
Salary:Negotiable, based on skill set.
Application Process:Candidate should submit résumé, citing at least three examples of sample work. Each sample should include a detailed description of the role the candidate had in creating the sample sites. Samples may include system designs, web sites or code snippets.Please forward your contact information and a résumé to email@example.com or to:Algonquin Studios
400 Brisbane Building
403 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14203.Please do not send a Microsoft Word document or other attachment with your email. If you have your r�sum� in Word or some other word processor, please paste the contents into a plain text email. If your résumé is online, then please include the URL.Applicants should be familiar with Liandri Central Core, and be comfortable handling a Redeemer in close quarters.
About Algonquin Studios, Inc.Algonquin Studios, Inc. is a Buffalo-based organization that unites the complementary talents of business, creative and technical professionals to bring organizations on-line. Algonquin Studios can offer businesses the competitive advantage they need to prosper in today's changing marketplace through:
Founded in March 1998, Algonquin Studios is headquartered in the Brisbane Building in downtown Buffalo, NY. For additional information, please call (716) 842-1439, or visit http://algonquinstudios.com .
- Web Content Management Solutions
- Internet Business Development
- Custom Enterprise Software Development
- Web and Print Design Services
- Business & Technology Consulting
- Technical Project Advising and Training