The charitable project that built TheyWorkForYou, FixMyStreet and the 10 Downing Street e-petitions site is seeking a world-class web developer.
This is a rare opportunity for an outstanding individual to join a small team of paid developers and volunteers that represents the greatest concentration of non-partisan democratic and civic coding talent found anywhere.
- World-class skills in one or more of PHP, Perl, Python or Ruby
- Substantial expertise in open source operating systems, databases, and version control
- Experience of working in a team with other programmers, contributing to project architecture
- Experience of accessible, standards-based web design
- Fanatical obsession with usability and making users happy
- Laziness, Impatience, Hubris
- Fascination with understanding how complex systems work, and satisfaction at mastering them quickly
- Self-starter, with the ability to manage own work and to work both at home, with colleagues, and with clients.
- ‘Completer-finisher’ personality, with track record of delivering projects to deadline
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Personal enthusiasm for mySociety’s goals, preferably manifested through actual web projects - see our FAQ for more details
Benefits and Salary
- Salary £33k+
- Opportunity to contribute to high-profile sites delivering real democratic and community benefits to citizens
- Substantial role working with major partners
- Opportunities to travel to political and media events in the UK and abroad
- mySociety is a virtual organisation, so hours and location are highly flexible
- Minimum 12 month commitment after probationary period
Submissions close 1st March, looking for candidates willing to commence work by 1st April. Please send your application or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org including the word msjob in the subject line.
Note: This job posted by MartinB on behalf of and with the agreement of MySociety; he is not a representative of them. More info via the original vacancy page and their FAQ.